The chateau premises consist of Upper and Lower Chateaus. The Upper Chateau was probably built as a manor house as early as the beginning of the 15th century. In 1522-24 the two-floor building was rebuilt by Friedrich of Salhausen into a three-floor manor in Late Gothic style. Reticulated vaults and Gothic portal jamb were used. The Western and Eastern facades were provided with Saxon-style Renaissance gables in 1571. The Upper Chateau is dominated by octagonal stair tower.